Sunday, January 30, 2011

Week 4 Project - "Mini-me"

After two nights' work, I have made William a pair of sweat-pants and a t-shirt out of my old "rags". This was my first "reuse" project - but probably not my last. It was also the first ever baby/toddler clothes that I've sewn. I don't sew much with stretchy fabrics, since I don't have an overlock machine (serger). I have been wanting to get one, I am just not sure how much I would use it, given my already busy life. For these pants and t-shirt I used my sewing machine's "fake-overlock" seam and it actually worked really well.


I love this style of pants for William, with wide leg cuffs and waist. They are not that easy to find here in the States, so I have a feeling I will be making more of these "mudd-byxor". I mainly improvised the patterns from William's existing ward-robe. I got sewing instructions help for the pants here, and they were really easy to make. For the t-shirt I just drew the pattern from another shirt and sewed it together.


Reduce, Reuse and Recycle!

No comments: