Sunday, February 6, 2011

Week 5 Project - William's First Year Photo Book


William's First Year

We've been getting warnings about our start-up disk being full on our Macbook for a while. And last Sunday when I was trying to login to Skype for my weekly video call with my parents, it wouldn't let me, cause there wasn't even enough room to create the required logfile for Skype. Needless to say, something had to be done. So, this week I've been busy backing up pictures from our laptop to the external hard-drive (plus another backup on CDs, to be able to delete the oldest ones off the Mac). Once there was enough space, I finally started William's First Year Photo Book, and finished it today. It is 160 pages!!! And obviously, that is just selecting our favorite pictures. I used blurb for the photo book. They are by far the best book-making site I've tried, and I've tried several. The software is very user-friendly and super flexible. The quality is top of the line. And the pricing is not too bad either. Check them out if you haven't already! Here is a link to William's book: William's First Year There is a preview of a few of the pages that anyone can access, so check it out and please send me a line and let me know what you think.

I have an entire storage bench full of well organized photo albums at my parents' house, but since we moved to the US, I haven't kept up with making albums. I've made a few photo books from trips, but I still have tons more I need to make, so I will probably use several weeks' worth of projects to make them. 

1 comment:

Amanda said...

I love the book! I am sure the other pages are just as cute! I am planning printing out a book too! I may have to do a 0-6 months and then a 7-12 month! I already have some many pictures of Amelia! Good thing you got back up on those pictures... that would be heartbreaking if ya'll lost any pictures!